Mission Statement, Vision and Values
Nursing Philosophy & Value Statement
Level III Stroke Center
List of All Services
24 Hour Emergency
Advanced Life Support Ambulances
Primary Care and Walk-In Clinics
Wound Care Clinic
Patients & Visitors
Community Health Needs Assessment 2016 (CHNA)
Map to Hospital
Community Health Needs Assessment 2019
Employment Information Release
Non- Discrimination Notice
Online Bill Pay
RN-Clinical Informatics Specialist - Information Services
Pike County Memorial Hospital has an immediate opening for a RN- Clinical Informatics Specialist.
This is a key role in leading the hospital's transition to a new electronic health record (E.H.R.).
The RN-Clinical Informatics Specialist will work collaboratively with administration, directors, users of clinical information systems, and all other departments or groups, system-wide, in problem-solving issues related to clinical information systems. Participates in planning, design, development, training, implementation, communication, maintenance and evaluation of existing or new functionality related to clinical information systems. Utilizes knowledge of clinical processes to assess, plan, implement/develop, monitor and maintain information system applications in partnership with health care providers to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Leads project in planning, design, development, testing, education and implementation of the new Cerner EHR as it pertains to clinical practice.
2) Coordinates processing and follow-up of requests for enhancement and changes from users or others affected by the system.
3) Participates in efforts towards maintaining components of the automated EHR, including revisions, testing and integration of changes in components of the EHR.
4) Provides proactive user support of the EHR including, but not limited to, training and education. Assists in evaluation and development of training and in-service programs.
5) Participates in computer training and orientation activities for current and in-coming personnel, students and faculty.
6) Recognizes and resolves information system functionality issues and concerns ensuring end user needs are met.
7) Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of: current trends and issues in health care, nursing practice, Healthcare Informatics, JCAHO standards; system-wide policies and procedures as related to clinical practice, and the legal implications of the EHR; and clinical applications currently in use and their relationship to other information systems.
8) Serves as a resource person for the daily operational issues of the Systems clinical systems. Functions as a liaison for information system functionality issues across the system.
9) Utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to determine clinical functions that are suitable for computer application and to ensure the information systems are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice.
10) Ensures policies and procedures are developed and updated to reflect usage of the EHR.
11) Maintains membership on, or consultation to, committees, work groups or task forces as needed to communicate and facilitate the ongoing progress of the development, implementation and revision of the EHR.
12 Maintains a detailed understanding and working knowledge of the current EHR, its functions and its relationship to other information systems within the organization.
13 Maintains up-to-date knowledge of trends and advances in the field of Nursing and Healthcare Informatics, as well as new developments in hardware and software technology.
14 Initiates and participates in presentations and publications about the EHR at conferences and in professional journals as appropriate. Attends conferences and seminars as appropriate.
RN Licensure in state of Missouri
At least 3 years licensed clinical nursing experience
At least 1 year of informatics work experience
Strong Cerner experience (Preferred)
Position Type :
Layne Ebers - Human Resources Director
Phone: 573-754-5531 ext.106
Click Here to fill out our official online application.